Thursday 24 May 2018

Mixed Media doesn't have to be messy

Not all mixed media has to be paste and paint. Sometimes just mixing up papers and fussy cutting is all you need to do. So here are some cards and a canvas I made for Lynette Jasper.

Card One - no stamping here just beautiful papers and a bit of fussy cutting.
This is all stamped and I have taken this picture three times and still don't know why the sentiment is showing black. Weird lol
Card three - Now on this one i have used papers and stickers however if you look closely you will see that the pattern at the top and the bottom of the card is one of the new stencils. I used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide and when dry added little white dots in the centre of each one.
Card four - made using a cream and black paper and coloured in using Pro-Markers
Card five - this time using the new stamps and a bit of colour
Lastly was the canvas. For those of you who hate getting your hands dirty but want to make your own canvas, this is the one for you. All I did was cover one of Lynette's shaped canvas with paper and add cut outs and stickers to the top. I did add a bit of glued tissue but you could miss that step.
I was so excited to use my embossing powder again to enhance some of the papers design. Enjoyed doing this.
And here is the whole collection.

Well that's it for now. Time for a few days rest but I'll be back xx

No comments: