I needed a metallic finish to a layout for one of my classes so I decided to make the background using white tags, cogs and string.
As you can see from the picture, I dusted off my ribbler and corrugated some royal blue and light blue paper to add even more texture. So this was my starting point.
And then when it was all stuck down I slowly added more and more ink until I got what I wanted. Here are a few layouts showing the process.
I originally put the string around the centre of the page intending to hang the photos from it but later changed my mind.
You can see the finished layout on www.ladiesthatcraft.blogspot.co.uk xx