Sunday 26 May 2013

A bit of sunshine

always makes me think of flowers and birds especially where I live as the birds are mega noisy in the morning, so this was my inspiration for the card class last week.

I am smitten with the Birdhouse range from Papermania (no idea what the range is really called) so decided to use it their stamps on the first card.

P1180150

Everyone chose their own colours for the bird houses so we ended up with loads of different cards.

Then we looked at mixing and matching papers for matting and layering. This time I used papers pads to combine the colours.

P1180146

Notice the Washi Tape used instead of ribbon. (love Washi Tape).

And a reintroduction to heat embossing (I had forgotten how much fun this is)

P1180148

And then another card using black embossing to make the background and just a simple Dragonfly dusted with glamour dust, to add the detail.

P1180147

And as always I do a very quick and easy card to fill in the gaps so that no one is waiting around for a card to make.

P1180149

I will jazz this one up for the next class just to show how far you can take this design.

Hope you’re all enjoying the sun. xx

2 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous cards, Julie! I especially like the birdhouses!
Chris
x

Jeannie said...

Love the bird houses and the beach huts in the previous post - just my thing! x