Sunday 10 April 2011

Spring has sprung

I have been so busy over the winter, that I have completely forgotten to take photos of anything other than classes.
When I woke up this morning the sun was shining, the birds were singing and so I decided to get up. After much cleaning, hanging the washing out, tidying away and feeding of the many cats I have, I glanced at the clock and it was 9am. I still don’t know what time I actually got out of bed but it must have been early.
Anyway, while hanging out the washing I noticed my long neglected garden and decided to take some before photos. The after photos will be taken in a few months time when my garden looks as beautiful as it once used to. This is my summer resolution
With the spring comes bursts of buds and flowers
IMG_7229
IMG_7233
IMG_7265
IMG_7272
IMG_7286
IMG_7287
IMG_7291
IMG_7296
And with the new life comes the end of some of my favourite shrubs especially my 12 year old Bottle Brush shrub
IMG_7300
Better look for a new one me thinks as I don’t see this one flowering again.
I even had time to play with my cats.
Here is Harry hiding under his favourite fern tree.
IMG_7248
And Bonny just ignoring me as usual, however she is an old lady of 14 so she’s entitled.
IMG_7259
There’s loads of work to do. Lets hope the sun keeps shinning.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Lovely photos Julie- love the ones of the cats. I like the new look blog too!