Wednesday 7 April 2010

I'm finding it hard.........

to know where to start. I have so many projects which I have done in the past and have never shown so do I start afresh or do I show you some of my older stuff.
Older stuff first I think. This first piece is a wooden pencil box converted and decorated to house one of my many Art Journals.

The figure is hand drawn and the girls skirt is made from Grunge Board. THe background is a mixture of acrylic paint, Distress INk Pads and Stazon. The dots are made using bubble wrap with black acrylic paint. I really enjoyed doing this and have since made two others for larger journals. One thing I did learn was that the small hinges and catches on the boxes were just to flimsy so I replaced them with stronger hardware from a DIY store.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is such fun,it makes me hold my breath,how daft can a girl get,balancing on a pile of books in such high heels lol!