Before I share our new Design Teams examples with you, let me tell you how it works.
1. Your envelope must be no bigger than an A5 envelope (it can be smaller of course).
2. Your envelope must be posted using a 50p stamp (normal second class mail).
3. Entry is a 50p stamp which should be enclosed in your envelope, along with your name and address.
4. Your envelope should be sent to:
Ladies That Craft, 4 Sandling Way, St Marys Island, Chatham, Kent. ME4 3AZ
5. The top 5 will be chosen by the Design Team and posted on the Blog and from that top 5 a winner will be chosen and the 50p stamps you have all sent in will pay for ALL of the entries to be sent to the winner. Any additional stamps will be carried forward to the next challenge.
6. Anything goes. You can stamp, stick, stencil, mask infact anything you want to do.
7. Entries from all countries are welcome however as I will not be able to use foreign stamps to send out the prize so I will donate all of the foreign stamps to a charity (more details later).
8. Entries must arrive by Monday 11th November and the winner and runners up will be announced on Friday 15th November.
See its simple.So lets begin. This months challenge is
HALLOWEENno surprise there then, but such a fun subject. Here are the DT examples to give you an idea.
Gayle has chosen to decorate the front of the envelope and has left plenty of space for the address and stamp. The white envelope measures 15cm x 15cm (6” x 6”)
Maria got excited and sent two envelopes. Both began life as plain white A5 envelopes. Maria has used a circle mask so that the address can be seen clearly.
Sally has used a standard kraft envelope measuring 16cm x 11.5cm (6 1/4” x 4 1/2”) and has decorated both sides. Sally got so carried away that she forgot to leave space for the address and had to add a label.
This is the back of the envelope.
And lastly mine. When I chose the theme all I could think of was the witches in the Wizard of Oz. Love those shoes.
I wanted to cover the shoes with red glitter but I didn’t think the postman would appreciate that so I opted for glitter stars instead. I didn’t add a stamp because I didn’t need to send it to myself.
Now its your turn. I can’t wait to see all of your wonderful decorated envelopes. xxx