Monday 11 January 2016

Working with fabric

Everyone needs a way to wind down and relax and for me, the hoarder of all things paper and stamps, I need something totally different. For some time now I have been working on a cloth book. I made it some time ago and now I am beginning to add the detail. 

This is how it started.


I added some stamped images using Stazon ink


And now I am embroidering the details using embroidery threads


I've also used fabric paint to colour in the stamps which worked surprisingly well.
This is a work in progress but I am making three tutorials so that you can make one of your own.

More soon xxx

6 comments:

Kathy said...

This is an absolutely stunning project, something to treasure for ever

Katie said...

Wow this is stunning

Sandra Carey said...

Wow so cool Hugs Sandra xx

Jennie Wren said...

That's really lovely. Fabric is a whole different world to paper crafting isn't it. Enjoy xx

Brawny x said...

Wow fabulous creation x

Jean Hardy said...

Your fabric book is looking lovely! Great idea, thanks for sharing. Jean x