Sunday 2 September 2012

A bit of fun

Now I promised one of my Scrapping Your Family classes a beach layout but when the papers arrived I realised I couldn't make anything beachy out of them. What to do?  Well luckily mum and dad were away for a weeks holiday and as always, they sent a postcard.

When it arrived on the Friday morning I beamed. There in front of me was my scrapbook page. The picture was a drawing of four people sitting in deck chairs and facing the sea.

I scanned the postcard, enlarged it and hey presto I had my template for the layout.

IMG_9509

On the postcard they were all wearing hats but I just used a circle punch to create hair.

IMG_9510-002

The background was made using Stormy Sky and Scattered Straw Distress Ink pads and a hand torn piece of paper for the sand.

IMG_9510-001

It was a bit of fun but I loved making it.

Do you remember the layout I made in class three years ago using a fat lady in a bathing costume, diving through a rubber ring. That was fun too. I’ll see if I can dig out the layout and photograph it again.

Thanks for looking. xx

No comments: